Bathroom renovations is very important when you want to add value to your home. There are so many decisions to make when you are thinking about bathroom renovations in terms of materials, colours, and styles to choose. The major components of products in bathroom are flooring, Bathtub, countertops, fixtures etc. and all of them need to be considered carefully. Bathroom is an essential place in the home, so make quality your priority. Here are some details about the products in bathroom renovations:
The most important point to consider in selecting bathroom floor is water/moisture resistant, and durability. The flooring described here are particularly suitable for the above purpose:
- Tile (Ceramic or porcelain): It ranks number one for bathrooms because of outstanding performance in regards to hard-wearing, scratch and stain resistant. However, we need to be careful in selecting tiles because some tiles will become slippery especially the glossy finishes.
- Vinyl (LVT and LVP): Vinyl floor has gained popularity for bathrooms because they are easy to install and inexpensive, besides they are durable and 100% waterproof. The vinyl design comes in both tile and wood style.
- Laminate: There are some laminates in the market that can be used for bathrooms, but only the ones that the manufactures allow and water resistant.
- Cork: Some corks can be used once sealed for water and moisture resistant. However, no many people opt to do cork in their bathrooms.
First thing to consider in choosing bathtub is your space because bathtubs are available in a variety of sizes and shapes such as round, alcove, freestanding, and soaking tub. There are also different materials for making tubs which are acrylic, fiberglass, and cast iron. acrylic is stronger and more durable than fiberglass and less expensive than cast iron. Among those acrylic bathtub is the most popular one because it is versatile, easy to clean and holding heat well. In addition, it will not fade away easily and it is durable. Cast iron is widely still used and less expensive compare to acrylic.
The other alternative of bathtub is custom built shower, this comes in a variety of shapes and sizes such as corner, square, round, and rectangular. The walls will be tiled in three side and closed with a glass door. This allows you to design the shower based on your taste of design and style.
When you’re investing in a bathroom renovation, you want to make sure that the results not only please you but also add value to your home. So, if space allows, the combination of a tub and shower is the way to go, selecting a beautiful glass door, tiles, and some accessories you will be astonished on the final result.
There are so many options to choose from when it comes to countertops in terms of material, colours and finishes. The most popular ones are listed as follows:
- Granite: Granite countertops are a natural stone and among some of the most elegant, richest countertops available. They are among the most expensive, too.
- Marble: Marble is a beautiful addition for a bathroom countertop and are certainly one of the most elegant materials you can choose for any place.
- Quartz: Quartz countertops are also known as Engineered stone countertops to differentiate them from natural stone countertops. Most are made from a high concentration (93%) of quartz crystals, a natural substance.
- Laminate: this comes in a different style which mostly mimics the noble materials like Natural stone, wood, and concrete. Laminate countertops remain a very popular option for many because they are less expensive and come in a wide range of colors and patterns.
The options for selecting toilet are limitless. It has been improved a lot in terms of water use, the new ones use approximately 75% less water. There are three different kinds of toilets:
- One piece toilets: that’s what they call it seamless. It reduces the risk of leaking and it looks more modern, that makes it more difficult to transport because it is heavy.
- Two piece toilet: that’s the most popular type of toilet because it is affordable and easy to transport.
- Wall mount toilet: This is more popular for small places because the tank is built into the wall. That type is mostly seen in commercial spaces.
It depends on family members, the sinks can be double or single. However, the most popular one is a single sink because it needs less space in the bathroom. The options to choose from are as follows:
- Traditional sink: this is placed on or built into a countertop. This can come in a wide variety of styles like surface mount, drop in, rectangular, round, square, etc.
- Freestanding sink: this is ideal for small spaces. The plumbing pipe can be shown on purpose or be hidden behind the pedestal.
- A vanity style: This is the more popular one and can be seen in almost all homes. It is really useful in providing storage space and it’s easy to install.
Fixtures consist of many components in the bathroom, here we only describe a two major fixtures:
- Faucets: The majority of residential faucets are single or dual-control cartridge faucets. It is recommended to always look for quality and durability. There are many kind of faucets in regard to styles, finishes, colors, and sizes. It is best to consider having the same style of faucets with all other shower fixtures that will give a beautiful view to the whole bathroom. The most popular finish is chrome, but you will also find brass, copper and stainless steel models.
- Shower heads: there are many different kinds of shower heads out there in shapes and sizes such as fixed or hand held, body jets of different strength or multi jet system. It is suggested to have hand held shower in case you have a bathtub for cleaning purpose.